Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 59

Thread: The controversial call is on WCYB....

  1. #21
    Inactive Member imported_Skeptical's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 19th, 2002
    Posts
    372
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The controversial call is on WCYB....

    it wasn't in the air it was in his hand [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    ICGRM takin' over

  2. #22
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The controversial call is on WCYB....

    So you cant put the ball up in the air after you score? Please. It was a BS call, you know it, I know it, and so does everyone else.

  3. #23
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The controversial call is on WCYB....

    [ QUOTE ]
    The call was on ethan running into the endzone with the ball in the air........you cant do that in high school football

    [/ QUOTE ]

    That is just assinine, I can understand calling it for diving into the endzone with no-one around (which I can't stand and it is never called) but holding the ball in the air as you run in for a score can in no way be construde as excessive celebration or taunting.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

  4. #24
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The controversial call is on WCYB....

    Unless the kid is hurling 5,000,000 derogatory insults, swinging punches, making snow angels in the endzone, or doing cartwheels, you don't throw that flag for anything else in that situation.
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  5. #25
    HB Forum Owner SBG's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18th, 2004
    Posts
    2,279
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The controversial call is on WCYB....

    [ QUOTE ]
    I can understand calling it for diving into the endzone with no-one around (which I can't stand and it is never called)

    [/ QUOTE ]

    I saw Baber do that last year and he got flagged for it. Only difference is I think they tacked the penalty on the kickoff. I also saw a kid do it in a goal line situation and get flagged for it even though he was only trying to score and not celebrate.

    Also, as I have no real horse in this race other than being from the LPD Reg D and just out of curiosity ONLY, hasn't the rule always been no celebrating at all in high school football? I thought that was the rule and that the refs had only relaxed on calling it as much the last decade or so. Again, I could be wrong and am asking only out of curiosity.
    [LEFT][IMG]http://www.dsslexius.net/forums/images/smilies/goneinsanegif.gif[/IMG][/LEFT]

  6. #26
    Inactive Member Lb_Balla33's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 9th, 2002
    Posts
    1,098
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The controversial call is on WCYB....

    Jaycub Coleman did it this year against Pound and he got flagged for it and i reckon Coach Adams made him run quiet a bit for it also.
    [img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v29/TheGreatOne/221_2127.jpg[/img]

  7. #27
    Inactive Member imported_UKCats1's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 6th, 2004
    Posts
    607
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The controversial call is on WCYB....

    [ QUOTE ]
    I can understand calling it for diving into the endzone with no-one around (which I can't stand and it is never called)

    [/ QUOTE ]

    Then you must not have seen my crew work. I want the kids to have fun and they can celebrate a TD but do it in a way that is respectable. I am not going to comment on the Burton game because I was not there and have only seen a few minutes of film on it.
    [url="http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/scorecard/02/01/sterger.roadtrip/p1_sterger.jpg"]http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/scorecard/02/01/sterger.roadtrip/p1_sterger.jpg[/url]

  8. #28
    Inactive Member 1inStripes's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 25th, 2002
    Posts
    12,052
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The controversial call is on WCYB....

    That is why it is called "excessive celebration." You can stick the ball out across the goal line if you are trying to beat a defender. I find it okay for you to take a knee, or high five a teammate and such. Just don't taunt, or do something to disrespect the other team.
    "Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08

  9. #29
    Inactive Member NotSoSilentBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,067
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The controversial call is on WCYB....

    I just saw the video. If that was excessive celebration, then I'm John Holmes.
    [IMG]http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l53/blpjr77/culpeper1.jpg[/IMG]

  10. #30
    Inactive Member centennialdawg's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 10th, 2003
    Posts
    3,263
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The controversial call is on WCYB....

    Paul Johnosn on WCYB just said that norton's superintendent of schools called requesting a copy of the tape. He said that Burton was gonna protest the game.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •